Friday, July 28, 2006

Williamsburg Is Boring


williamsburg is boring
Originally uploaded by Runs With Scissors.
I don't get it. i don't understand the fascination people have with graffiti.

All anyone has to do is look at Flickr's Williamsburg Group to see how much people adore graffiti. the group is filled with images of it and lost in the mix of pictures are the people who live in the neighborhood.

I'm afraid that somehow we have forgotten that people make a neighborhood special. My wife points out that it's much easier to take a picture of a painted wall than another person and I can agree with that.

1 Comments:

Blogger missbhavens said...

I 100% agree...neighborhoods are all about the people.

...that also sort of sums up why I don't understand people's fascination with Williamsburg. I've always wondered if I'm missing out on something terrific. Now I know I'm mostly missing out on graffiti.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home