Wednesday, May 03, 2006

OMG!


I was slow on the up-take and haven't quite caught up to it all yet. I thought it was going to be a quite afternoon at my favorite coffee shop catching up on Flicker happenings and email and the day turned into something else.

On my last day of a vacation in Jamaica The Gothamist not only published a photograph of mine as their Image Of The Day, but they went ahead and wrote what amounted to a profile of much of my work in my Flickr Photostream. It must have been a slow news day.

When I opened my email I noticed right away that for every hour two people were naming me as a Flickr. The views of my images were mounting too. Although the pace of things has slowed, requests to make prints have been coming in now.

It's been overwhelming as not only not used to this kind of attention and level admiration I feel obligated to examine each person's photostream, make comments and decide if I should reciprocate by making them a contact too. Needless to say the number of my Flickr contacts has swelled.

Now my friends and wife are asking me to set up an actually gallery exhibition.

It's all still a bit much, but it's part of the process of rediscovering my love of photography and taking photographs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Conrad said...

yeah bitch when ya gonna set up dat gallery show. yo peeps wants to see.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Conrad said...

oops hit enter before i finished my thought.

seriously this isn't a case, at least in my part, of friends encuraging you because they are your friends. you have a gifted eye, not in an artsy sense but as photojournalism. your images tell a story through your unique eye.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on. Congrats!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home