Tuesday, April 25, 2006

How Often Does This Happen?

How often do you get to run into your college sweetheart and come to a new level of respect and admiration for them?

I feel that way about Jocelyn and the work she does. When I Google her the words "Peace Activist" appear along side her name. Her stories of world travel are filled with testimonials of her interactions with people in need.

She comes from a deeply religious background and lives a life that reflects the parts of the Gospel a schlepy disgruntled atheist/supposed to be Jewish jerk like myself can appreciate.

One of my fears is if she reads this she might write or say something equally sappy about how my political activism from days gone by influenced her in some way in what she does today. I'd like to discount that before that happens. I don't think there's any half-stepping in the work she has been doing; it's all her.

Keep it up, peace on earth can be had for all.


Here's a sample of what she's up to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home