Sunday, April 23, 2006

As Seen In The Voice


When I was a teenager growing in New York I dreamed that somehow the pictures I was taking with a Canon AE-1 would one day get me a job working along side Sylvia Plachy at the Village Voice. Fast forward a whole bunch of years and I have finally earned a byline.

For a about a year now I have been chronically the rapid change in my neighborhood but never thought to pursue the publication of these images. Then I saw one of my neighbors who was displaced by what's been happening in my community being interviewed by a reporter and I butted in.

It took some doing over the telephone but the folks at the Voice's Photo Department ran with my low-resolution image.



Truthfully though I wish they went with this image instead. I think it says more about what's happening in my neighborhood.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home