Monday, March 06, 2006

Red Alert. Change Has Happened


My rediscovery of photography seems to be ongoing. This weekend Amantha and I went to see the Superstars of Bellydance and sat next to a Serpentessa who is a well known dancer. Amantha has admired her work for sometime and introduced me as an "amateur photographer".

I was stunned. I had never been referred to as that and it felt good. Weird huh?

Today after getting out of the subway I saw this woman walking ahead of me holding the bright orange flower up high in her right hand as she walked. I had to get her photo. I shot a few behind her but taking photos of woman's behinds - - or having my photos confused as being that isn't satisfying for me and I certainly don't want to get caught acting like a pervert in public either. I had to stop her and to ask to take her photo.

"Why do you want to take my picture?"

I was a bit shaken by this because I thought for some stupid reason she'd just say "okay". I told her I like the colors.

Then she asked what I was going to do with the picture. Thinking of how Amantha introduced me three nights before and said, "I'm a amateur photographer." Pointing to my little canon S70 I said something or another about 'the other camera' as if I was cheating on my DSLR or something.

Then she asked for my card. Well don't have a business card or even Chucky Cheese Card. I wrote my name and email address on the back of a receipt stuck deep in my over-sized winter coat and took two pictures.

The idea of asking more people if I can take their pictures instead of sneaking them is beginning to sound, and fell appealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home